We are currently seeking a Safety Manager. The qualified candidate will have the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment; while being resourceful, proactive, and efficient with a high level of professionalism. This position is based at our corporate office in Manhattan, KS and will offer the qualified candidate a rewarding career as the company tackles its complex and challenging construction projects. This would be an excellent opportunity for an applicant that wished to grow with the company and develop the safety program as a reflection of their own values and professionalism.
- Organization, flexibility, and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include but are not limited to:
- Provide safety oversight, leadership, and direction to promote the company’s core value of safety for our employees and our clients.
- Advise project management in developing site specific safety programs and activities.
- Identify training needs and conduct safety orientations and training programs.
- Provide professional direction to the management team and field superintendents.
- Oversee documentation, tracking, and analysis of all safety and injury statistics, trend analyses, and OSHA reports.
- Conduct work area safety audits.
- Monitor and review subcontractor activities for safety concerns.
- Manage Return to Work program.
- Interface directly with our insurance provider.
- Review project work plans to ensure safety is adequately incorporated.
- Provide resource of safety related information.
- Evaluate and offer solutions for industrial hygiene concerns.
- Maintain operational knowledge of construction safety, OSHA, and other applicable standards, regulations, laws, and procedures.
- Serve as resource for safety issues or concerns for all project team members/operating management.
Other duties as assigned – which may include:
- Support project managers and field superintendents in achieving and maintaining safety performance metrics.
- Interface with client safety personnel and industry groups, etc.
- Accompany safety, health, insurance, and OSHA personnel on work-site tours.
- Ensure maintenance and inspection of safety equipment and protective wear.
- Contribute in the ongoing review process of safety standards and practices.
Qualifications / Required Skills:
- Minimum one year of construction safety experience.
- Attention to detail to organize and manage multiple project tasks.
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office and pertinent safety related software programs.
- Positive and professional attitude and strong client skills.
- Ability to interpret and communicate company policies to team members and outside parties.
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills.
- Current driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in safety, occupational health, or related field.
- CSP preferred but not required.
Walters-Morgan offers 401K with up to 4% matching, health insurance, life insurance, “free” long term and short term disability coverage, and one week vacation the first year and two weeks vacation the second year.
Compensation according to experience ranging from $50,000 – $70,000.
Please send resume to:
Walters-Morgan Construction, Inc.
Attn: Doug Hermesch
2616 Tuttle Creek Blvd.
Manhattan, KS 66502