Currently hiring for a Pipe Superintendent for a 3-year $32 million dollar project in Liberal, KS.
The superintendent plans, organizes, and supervises specific portions of a project or an entire construction project with the help of a project manager. Schedules major construction tasks. Coordinates the activities of craft supervisors, foremen, and subcontractors to ensure effective operations and productivity. Ensures continuity of job progress and maximizes efficiencies related to the assigned area.
Advanced water/sewer pipe layer with verifiable training, knowledge, and experience. Dig ditches and trenches, backfill excavations, compact and level soil to grade, use of pipe lasers, transits, and grade rods, connect different pipe types and sizes, knowledge of gasket and restraint installation, knowledge of primed and glued pipe, signal equipment operators to facilitate pipe alignment, connect water and sewer pipe fittings including PVC, ductile iron, mechanical joint fittings, and proper restraint mechanisms, perform backfilling and compaction, perform sewer manhole installations, set trench boxes and braces to support the sides of excavations including hydraulic shoring, perform pipe repairs and replacement.
1. Schedules daily construction activities and coordinate between the company and subcontractors to avoid conflicts.
2. Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of company safety policies and procedures.
3. Maintain quality control of labor performance, manpower allocation, and effective use of tools and equipment. Ensures the use of sound construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum cost.
4. Monitor subcontractor operations including enforcement of all contractual obligations.
5. Assist the Project Manager and Site Superintendent to prepare the major construction schedule and equipment list for the project and monitor the assignment of equipment required by each craft to ensure maximum efficiency.
6. Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
A 4-year degree in construction-related field is preferred but not required. 4 years or more of experience in field construction is required. Experience in the construction of water and wastewater treatment plants is preferred.
About Walters Morgan Construction Inc:
Walters-Morgan Construction Inc provides career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental and life insurance; and a 401(k) plan. Walters Morgan is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Walters-Morgan Construction Inc is a Kansas General Contractor specializing in construction of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants since 1938, with projects located in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska. Currently, more than 80 Walters-Morgan employees are engaged in projects ranging in size from as small as a few hundred thousand to upwards of 35 million dollars. Walters-Morgan Construction Inc. is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V